Date: March 22nd, 2013
Time: 12:00 Noon Eastern Time (9:00 am Pacific)
Introductions: Dan Rosen (Partner, Commerce Ventures; Learning Officer- HBS Alumni Angels)
Speaker: David Teten (Partner, ff Venture Capital, and Chair, HBS Alumni Angels NY)
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY RATE: FREE for members and $25 for non-members.
This webinar will run 60 minutes.
This webinar is designed to be an introduction to angel investing as well as to the HBS Alumni Angels organization. Among the topics I will cover:
- Introduction to HBS Angels and the 2013 Webinar schedule
- How to assess opportunities (idea, team, valuation)
- How to source great deals
- How to add value to portfolio companies after you invest
- How to increase your returns (on average)
- How to make the most out of angel group participation
- Latest trends in angel investing and where the industry is headed
Dan Rosen (HBS ’06) is a Partner at Commerce Ventures, a sector-focused venture capital firm he recently founded. At Commerce Ventures, Dan focuses on investing in mobile, payments and retail innovations. Prior to Commerce Ventures, Dan spent 6 years at Highland Capital Partners, where he invested in several early-stage mobile, payments and consumer media startups. Prior to joining Highland, Dan worked at HarbourVest Partners, LLC, where he invested in and worked closely with several growth-stage technology and communications businesses, as well as in corporate development at RSA Security (RSAS, acquired by EMC) and as a software consultant for American Management Systems (AMSY, acquired by CGI Group). Today he resides in San Francisco, but is a Boston native and still holds out hope for another Brady Superbowl win.