Augvest is the oldest buy-side alternative data community with over 700 members representing 230+ buy-side firms. NB: Augvest events are only open to individuals working on the buy-side.
Their next event’s description:
“While we have thus far seen alternative data work be dominated by hedge funds, as private equity and growth equity firms begin to build out their own data science capabilities, they are discovering a whole new opportunity set – and bringing to market a number of compelling new datasets. Our next Data Science Technology event will feature three short presentations reflecting this trend. “
We are excited to feature:
- Alan Freeman, VP of Data Products at 7Park, will speak about work his firm is doing with exhaust data from several other Vista Equity Partners portfolio companies.
- Oscar Batori, Head of Product at Liquidata, will present open source technology his firm has developed to make it easier for companies to make their exhaust data available to data buyers.
- Matt Forrest, Director of Spatial Data Science at Carto, will explore applications of geospatial analytics in private markets. Tim Kiely from American Securities will also share his perspective.
RSVP. Mention you were referred by PEVCTech.
An Investor’s Personal Social Media Tech Stack: In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 followers
What tech stack should a microinfluencer use? I just posted my detailed answer here: An Investor’s Personal Social Media Tech Stack: In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 followers
Jan 9: HBS Club Panel on How Private Equity & Venture Investors Are Using Technology to Accelerate Returns
Please join us January 9 evening in NYC on “How Private Equity & Venture Investors Are Using Technology to Accelerate Returns”, hosted by the Harvard Business School Club of New York. Our speakers:
– Patrick Leung, who leads technology and data science initiatives for Sightway Capital and Two Sigma Ventures
– Sajjad Jaffer, founder and Managing Partner, Two Six Capital
– Dr. Neil Constable, Ph.D., Chief Investment Officer, CircleUp
– Ryan Feit, CEO and Co-Founder, SeedInvest
– Lena Mass-Cresnik, PhD, Chief Data Officer/Managing Director, Moelis & Company
I just published in Techcrunch a greatly expanded & updated version of my white paper on the tech stack of PE/VC funds: VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments.
The AIR Summit (“Alpha Innovation Required”) just posted the video and slides from my keynote on, “Who is building the Renaissance Technologies of Private Markets?” (To see the video, please click the image below, and then click on the Play button.)
I wrote a detailed paper on this here.
I’m hosting a Voray dinner discussion on 6/26 evening in NYC on Portfolio Acceleration. This complimentary dinner is geared to Partners at private equity/VC funds.
LPs now expect private equity funds to have a systematic approach to portfolio value creation. What are the most effective levers to accomplish that goal? What resources can a firm build to give them more leverage? What technology tools have you found helpful in working with your portfolio?
Most private equity professionals fail to see even a majority of the potential deals flowing through their target markets, according to the latest research. Don’t be one of them!
Join us on Thursday, June 27 from 11 AM to 12:15 PM ET for a 75-minute complimentary webinar brought to you by Sutton Place Strategies. The panel will cover:
* Analytics showing how well private equity firms typically do at seeing deals in their target markets;
* Benchmarking tools that you can use to compare your origination efforts with those of your peers;
* How to overcome obstacles to building relationships that generate proprietary or near-proprietary deal opportunities;
* Strategies and tools that the most successful private-equity shops use to unearth opportunities and manage their deal pipelines;
* How forward-thinking shops are using social media and the latest technology tools to improve deal flow generation.
Speakers (to date):
Dave Harvey, CEO, Harvey & Co LLC
Nadim Malik, founder and CEO, Sutton Place Strategies
David Teten, Venture Partner, HOF Capital
Moderator: David Toll, publisher, Private Equity Career Week
Suggested background: Deal Origination Best Practices
I hope you’ll join fellow members of PEVCTech.com for an informal discussion around:
– Co-investing with family offices and private equity investors in proprietary, direct deals
– The technology stack which makes the deal process efficient and scaleable, without sacrificing the value of relationships
– Discussion of technologies within the Secondary PE Market
Our hosts at ShareNett will demonstrate their unique solution. Cliff Friedman, CEO; and Michael Graver, Director of Business Development will be leading the discussion and demo. Space is very limited.
Please RSVP by June 7, 2019 to save your seat! RSVP to info(@)sharenett.com .
Where: Pepper Hamilton, 620 8th Avenue, 37th Floor
When: Monday June 17th, 2019; 5:30pm mingling, 6pm demo & discussion, 6:45pm informal conversation
Food: Light dinner
Who: Members of PEVCTech.com, specifically investors in private companies who want to use technology to make better investments.