Let’s improve Technology for Private Equity and Venture Capital together!
* Stay up to date with a periodic email
PEVCTech is a community for investors and technologists responsible for investing in private companies, primarily at private equity and venture capital funds. Our focus is on sharing information on technologies and systems that make investing in private companies more efficient and effective. We cover all stages. Some of our members are interested in investing in illiquid assets more broadly. Membership is open exclusively to:
- Institutional investors in private markets (VC, growth, buyout, distressed, etc.) who use technology solutions in their day-to-day process;
- Engineers, product managers, and platform managers building tech solutions for private market investing; and
- Founders/C-suite executives at technology companies who support investors in private markets.
Among our activities:
- Organizing and co-sponsoring events in our areas of interest; and
- Collaboratively publishing original research on best practices.
Our membership includes Partners and others from Bloomberg Beta, Box Group, Corigin Ventures, ff Venture Capital, Greycroft, Hearst, HOF Capital, Innovation Endeavors, KEC Ventures, Launch Capital, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, NexChange, NextGen Venture Partners, Open View Partners, Point72, Red Sea Ventures, RRE, Rubicon Venture Capital, Stripes Group, Tusk Ventures, and WhiteStar VC.
For more on this topic, see:
- The 9 Steps of Using Technology to Improve Investing in Private Companies: How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood
- The Ultimate Early-Stage Investor’s Tech Stack
- NBER Overview of VC Data: Opportunities and Challenges
- Stanford List of Venture Capital and Private Equity Sources
- Harvard Business School Current Research Sources for Private Equity
- Private Equity Software and Services Directory
- Jan. 30 evening, NYC: Data Science in Private Markets - Augvest is the oldest buy-side alternative data community with over 700 members representing 230+ buy-side firms. NB: Augvest events are only open to individuals working on the buy-side. Their next event’s description: “While we have thus far seen alternative data work be dominated by hedge funds, as private equity and growth equity firms begin to […]
- An Investor’s Personal Social Media Tech Stack: In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 followers - What tech stack should a microinfluencer use? I just posted my detailed answer here: An Investor’s Personal Social Media Tech Stack: In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 followers
- Jan 9: HBS Club Panel on How Private Equity & Venture Investors Are Using Technology to Accelerate Returns - Please join us January 9 evening in NYC on “How Private Equity & Venture Investors Are Using Technology to Accelerate Returns”, hosted by the Harvard Business School Club of New York. Our speakers: – Patrick Leung, who leads technology and data science initiatives for Sightway Capital and Two Sigma Ventures – Sajjad Jaffer, founder and Managing Partner, Two Six […]
- VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments - I just published in Techcrunch a greatly expanded & updated version of my white paper on the tech stack of PE/VC funds: VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments.
- Who is building the Renaissance Technologies of Private Markets? - The AIR Summit (“Alpha Innovation Required”) just posted the video and slides from my keynote on, “Who is building the Renaissance Technologies of Private Markets?” (To see the video, please click the image below, and then click on the Play button.) I wrote a detailed paper on this here.