PEVCTech is a community for investors and technologists responsible for investing in private companies, primarily at private equity and venture capital funds. Our focus is on sharing information on technologies and systems that make investing in private companies more efficient and effective. We cover all stages. Some of our members are interested in investing in illiquid assets more broadly. Membership is open exclusively to:
- Institutional investors in private markets (VC, growth, buyout, distressed, etc.) who use technology solutions in their day-to-day process;
- Engineers, product managers, and platform managers building tech solutions for private market investing; and
- Founders/C-suite executives at technology companies who support investors in private markets.
Among our activities:
- Organizing and co-sponsoring events in our areas of interest; and
- Collaboratively publishing original research on best practices.
Our membership includes Partners and others from Bloomberg Beta, Box Group, Corigin Ventures, ffVC, Greycroft, Hearst, HOF Capital, Innovation Endeavors, KEC Ventures, Launch Capital, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, NexChange, NextGen Venture Partners, Open View Partners, Point72, Red Sea Ventures, RRE, Rubicon Venture Capital, Stripes Group, Tusk Ventures, and WhiteStar VC.
For more on this topic, see our research:
- The 9 Steps of Using Technology to Improve Investing in Private Companies: How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood
- An Investor’s Personal Social Media Tech Stack: In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 followers
- How Private Equity Funds Are and Should Be Using Social Media
- The Ultimate Early-Stage Investor’s Tech Stack
- NBER Overview of VC Data: Opportunities and Challenges
- Stanford List of Venture Capital and Private Equity Sources
- Harvard Business School Current Research Sources for Private Equity
- Private Equity Software and Services Directory