Let’s improve Technology for Private Equity and Venture Capital together!
* Stay up to date with a periodic email
PEVCTech is a community for investors and technologists responsible for investing in private companies, primarily at private equity and venture capital funds. Our focus is on sharing information on technologies and systems that make investing in private companies more efficient and effective. We cover all stages. Some of our members are interested in investing in illiquid assets more broadly. Membership is open exclusively to:
- Institutional investors in private markets (VC, growth, buyout, distressed, etc.) who use technology solutions in their day-to-day process;
- Engineers, product managers, and platform managers building tech solutions for private market investing; and
- Founders/C-suite executives at technology companies who support investors in private markets.
Among our activities:
- Organizing and co-sponsoring events in our areas of interest; and
- Collaboratively publishing original research on best practices.
For more on this topic, see:
- The 9 Steps of Using Technology to Improve Investing in Private Companies: How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood
- The Ultimate Early-Stage Investor’s Tech Stack
- NBER Overview of VC Data: Opportunities and Challenges
- Stanford List of Venture Capital and Private Equity Sources
- Harvard Business School Current Research Sources for Private Equity
- Private Equity Software and Services Directory
- Seeking event ideas - We are working on our 2018-2019 schedule. If you have ideas for events, please contact us.
- New research published - I recently published two articles I think will interest the PEVCTech community: – What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds – The 9 Steps of Using Technology to Improve Investing in Private Companies: How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood
- Innovation in Venture – NYC Fintech Panel, August 3 - Please join us at our panel on how VCs are using technology to do their job: http://www.empirestartups.com/event-calendar/2016/8/3/august-ny-fintech-panel-innovation-in-venture